Your First Appointment
Ready to come in? Here’s what you should know.
Our goal is the same as yours: get you back to living life on your own terms.
If you’re ready to stop pain or lack of mobility from interfering with your day-to-day life and get back to the activities that bring you joy, you’ve come to the right team.
Booking your first appointment is the first major step on your path to recovery.
When you come in for the first time, our team is eager to hear your unique story, including your pain, medical history, and what type of goals you have for your future.
Here’s a short video that outlines everything you need to know to prepare for physical therapy:
What to remember for your first appointment:
Here are a few simple things you should know before we get started:
- You can save time and make the most of your visit to the clinic by filling out the new patient paperwork at home, and bringing it with you to the clinic.
- If you have already filled out the forms, arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. If you haven’t filled out your forms yet, don’t worry. Just give yourself a few extra minutes prior to your appointment to fill them out.
- Your first appointment will last about an hour.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that allow for easy movement.
- Remember to bring your health and insurance details, as well as any braces, crutches, and splints if needed.
That’s it! That’s everything you need to know to get started.
Still haven’t booked?
Take a few minutes now to start your journey with the Lake Centre for Rehab family!