Types of Treatment
Aquatic or Pool Therapy is useful in the treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions. Aquatic therapy consists of various exercises performed in water and uses the physical properties of water to assist in patient healing.
The Benefits of Water
- Buoyancy: Assists in supporting the weight of the patient, reducing stress placed on joints. Decreasing joint stress makes it easier and less painful to perform exercises.
- Viscosity: Resistance allows muscle strengthening without weights. Resistance with buoyancy allows a person to strengthen muscle groups with decreased joint stress that can not be duplicated on land.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Decreases swelling and improves joint position awareness. The hydrostatic pressure produces forces perpendicular to the body’s surface.
- Warmth: Assists in relaxing muscles and vasodilates vessels, increasing blood flow to injured areas.
Aquatic Therapy Helps:
- Rehabilitation Following Surgery
- Bone-Joint-Musculoskeletal Issues
- Back Pain
- General Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Low Back Pain With Pregnancy
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Accelerated Rehabilitation
- Increased Strength
- Increased Range of Motion
- Improved Muscular Endurance
- Improved Cardiovascular Endurance
- Improved Circulation
- Improved Balance/Coordination
- Trunk Stabilization
- Decreased Pain
- Decreased Swelling
State of the Art in Pool Treadmill
The pool’s high performance features represent the cooperative efforts of clinicians, engineers and visionaries. This revolutionary piece of therapeutic equipment features an integrated treadmill and resistance jets.
Other Features of the HydroWorx Pool:
- An integrated variable speed treadmill allows forward walking, sidestepping and backward walking
- Varying resistance of the hydrojets which challenges the patient with resistance oriented exercise
- The hydrojet manager provides gradual deep tissue massage
- Adjustable grab bars support and enhance comfort and security
Free Balance Screens
We offer complimentary balance screens at all Lake Centre for Rehab locations. If you’ve been dealing with strength, response and alignment issues, visit us today.
It all starts with an appointment.
A heading for a testimonials area goes here
This is some text that will introduce testimonials for the aquatic therapy page.
Without the help of each of my physical therapists I would not have achieved the goals I wanted to reach. Each one had a different method or tidbit of information that contributed to the success of my physical therapy.
Thank you for your patience, encouragement, dedication, and kindness shown to me during my rehab. Three months ago I came into Lake Centre for Rehab in a wheelchair unable to walk and today I walked in! My husband and I are forever grateful!
I have met many athletic trainers and physical therapist professionals in my 40 year athletic career however I have never met anyone with such a knowledgeable experience level, compassion, and interest to help others as Brett.
I was a patient at Lake Centre for Rehab prior to my left total knee replacement and following the surgery as well. The care and therapy that I was given at Highland Lakes was outstanding!
When I began, I had all the typical Parkinson’s symptoms. My voice was weak, I walked with a shuffle, I sat hunched over, and had trouble getting out of a chair. After four times a week and four weeks of hard work, those symptoms have been left in the dust.
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
My husband was skeptical of my choice to use physical therapy to treat my back pain instead of medications. After seeing my results from working with the Lake Centre for Rehab team, my husband is a believer now too.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!