Types of Treatment
Aquatic or Pool Therapy is useful in the treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions. Aquatic therapy consists of various exercises performed in water and uses the physical properties of water to assist in patient healing.
The Benefits of Water
- Buoyancy: Assists in supporting the weight of the patient, reducing stress placed on joints. Decreasing joint stress makes it easier and less painful to perform exercises.
- Viscosity: Resistance allows muscle strengthening without weights. Resistance with buoyancy allows a person to strengthen muscle groups with decreased joint stress that can not be duplicated on land.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Decreases swelling and improves joint position awareness. The hydrostatic pressure produces forces perpendicular to the body’s surface.
- Warmth: Assists in relaxing muscles and vasodilates vessels, increasing blood flow to injured areas.
Aquatic Therapy Helps:
- Rehabilitation Following Surgery
- Bone-Joint-Musculoskeletal Issues
- Back Pain
- General Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Low Back Pain With Pregnancy
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Accelerated Rehabilitation
- Increased Strength
- Increased Range of Motion
- Improved Muscular Endurance
- Improved Cardiovascular Endurance
- Improved Circulation
- Improved Balance/Coordination
- Trunk Stabilization
- Decreased Pain
- Decreased Swelling
State of the Art in Pool Treadmill
The pool’s high performance features represent the cooperative efforts of clinicians, engineers and visionaries. This revolutionary piece of therapeutic equipment features an integrated treadmill and resistance jets.
Other Features of the HydroWorx Pool:
- An integrated variable speed treadmill allows forward walking, sidestepping and backward walking
- Varying resistance of the hydrojets which challenges the patient with resistance oriented exercise
- The hydrojet manager provides gradual deep tissue massage
- Adjustable grab bars support and enhance comfort and security
Free Balance Screens
We offer complimentary balance screens at all Lake Centre for Rehab locations. If you’ve been dealing with strength, response and alignment issues, visit us today.
It all starts with an appointment.
A heading for a testimonials area goes here
This is some text that will introduce testimonials for the aquatic therapy page.
Jesse did an excellent job. He explained each exercise very well. I now know the correct way to do each exercise. Jesse was one of the bests.
After a full year of continuous medical issues and hospitalizations including metastatic cancer to the spinal cord, multiple surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation, multiple falls, and a pelvic fracture. After my last fall, I ended up in acute rehab for two weeks and chose to continue my therapy at Lake Centre for Rehab. I couldn’t be more…
I was starting to get less motion in my neck. I took six therapy sessions and I saw a great deal of improvement. Exercises and stretching my neck improved my range of motion. Thank you all for your expertise and knowledge of my problem. Thank you Brett for getting it right!
I was having a lot of trouble with my balance. I fell several times until my last fall resulted in a broken arm. I was provided physical therapy and it was discovered I had a serious balance problem. I had at home therapy until I mended enough to come to Lake Centre for Rehab where…
I had a thirty (30) minute massage with Indyia. She was respectful of my space and listened to all my issues. The massage was excellent, and I felt great when I left. I have highly recommended her to family and friends. Looking forward to my next visit!
On Sept 2020 I underwent a complete knee replacement. I was assigned to Lake Centre for Rehab. Despite the onset of Covid, I received exceptional care from Sean and Terra. My knee remained sore and stiff for quite some time. I am happy to report that due to the expertise of Sean and Terra my…
Dr. Bren and the whole team at RTW were wonderful to work with. From handling all the insurance billing, communicating with my surgeon, to scheduling flexibility. Therapy was done in a manner that stayed away from pain but progressed me to full recovery. Thank you.
Came to rehab for my knee problem. Dr. Bren worked with me for six visits and gave me exercises to do at home between visits. Dr. Bren worked both legs so that I strengthened them both. I was very happy with the results and would recommend her to anyone who needs rehab. Very satisfied. She…
Thank you for the help y’all have given me with physical therapy – y’all are excellent physical therapists. Your hard work and care were greatly appreciated.
I had a very good experience at Lake Centre for rehab. The evaluation and plan of care were designed to expedite my recovery from injury. I would like to acknowledge Keri, PTA, who worked with me. Because of her keen observation of my every movement, she was able to give me focused advice on what…